About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 25, 2018 at 8:09pm
Oh, hey! The outlining is working for me!
I'm an inveterate plotter. Can't write a word unless I've basically got every chapter and every POV lined up and summarized before I start writing it. But outlining is such a pain in the butt for me. Always has been. One of the great paradoxes, I guess.

But for some reason, this year's outlining is going so well. I'm going to go ahead and say it, but I need to write historical fantasy more often. And not second-world secondary fantasy, where it's based on history but its own, unique world. I mean, I need to write a historical event and add magic and ghosts to it more often. Knowing where I have to go plot-wise because that's what happened historically is really working out for me. You know what's even better? The fact that the history itself has given me so many easy ins for magic. All of Rome's actions after Cannae scream MAGICAL SACRIFICE and Scipio was said to have had the second sight.

It's like... why hasn't anyone combined the Aeneid and the Second Punic War before? Virgil literally set us up to do that! He used Dido's curse to explain why Carthage and Rome had to fight to the death.

I guess I should thank people for not doing this, though, or else there'd be no reason for me to do it. And Gaius Fabricius and Marcus Aufidius wouldn't exist. Nor would Tanithe bt Baalhanno, though she's only my third favorite. Fabricius is definitely first.

Sorry for rambling. Pretend that I'm not some over-enthusiastic weirdo, please.
-Quaddy

*Reading* Check this Out! *Reading*
 The Earth Rising Quartet  (XGC)
Five-hundred years ago, Earth lost its rebellion. Now it's time for it to rise again...
#1837269 by Professor Q

*Down*Come Join In!*Down*
FORUM
October Novel Prep Challenge  (13+)
Starts Oct. 1st! A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
#1474311 by Brandiwyn🎶

*ThumbsUp*Awesome Contest Alert!*ThumbsUp*

FORUM
World Weavers' Championship  (13+)
Closed for judging
#2012128 by Tileira

This is my port pet!  Isn't he so cute?

“There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived.” -Anomander Rake
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Oh, hey! The outlining is working for me!
· 10-25-18 8:09pm
by Professor Q
Re: Oh, hey! The outlining is working for me! · 10-26-18 11:39am
by Joy
Re: Re: Oh, hey! The outlining is working for me! · 10-26-18 8:02pm
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Oh, hey! The outlining is working for me! · 10-26-18 8:12pm
by Waltz en France
Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh, hey! The outlining is working for me! · 10-26-18 8:15pm
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh, hey! The outlining is working for... · 10-26-18 9:13pm
by Waltz en France
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh, hey! The outlining is working... · 10-27-18 12:32am
by Professor Q
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh, hey! The outlining is wor... · 10-27-18 12:37am
by Waltz en France
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh, hey! The outlining is... · 10-27-18 12:58am
by Professor Q

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online