About This Author
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 14, 2019 at 12:19pm
More on antagonists: A case study
My current project is a great case study on conflict and antagonists, so I'll put the question to the crowd. Who is my antagonist? Here are your choices:

Character #1 (a slimy used-car salesman named Greg who ran a local American-Idol style contest on the side) owes my protagonist prize money and a recording contract. He's not paying up, and it's interfering with her dreams of pop stardom.

Character #2 (a goddess named Erecura) offers my protagonist the fame she desires, but she must use her powers of persuasion to recruit Erecura's nemesis, the goddess Danicea, to enact vengeance on Greg by cursing him.(Curses are not permitted among their kind, so Erecura is trying to get Danicea in trouble.)

Character #3 (a goddess named Danicea) doesn't want to curse Greg because she'll get in trouble for casting curses, so she resists my protagonist's efforts to persuade her to curse him.

Character #4 (my protagonist, a singer named Octavia) was born and raised Catholic and doesn't believe she or Danicea or anyone but God has the right to cast judgment on anyone. She's struggling with conflicting desires: the desire to achieve her dream of stardom versus her desire to be a good girl and comply with what she knows is morally right.

Sooooooooo... the plot centers around Octavia's efforts to convince Danicea to curse Greg so she can keep the stardom she's gained through Erecura, who keeps threatening to take it all back away again.

Who's my story's antagonist, and why?

I'm hoping to get opposing opinions on the matter so we can all see how an analysis like this might go.

Cheers,
Michelle

Gift from Blue Witch
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
More on antagonists: A case study
· 10-14-19 12:19pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 12:23pm
by Waltz en France
Re: Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 1:24pm
by BrandiwynšŸŽ¶
Re: Re: Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 3:35pm
by Angelica Weatherby-Fallishere
Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 3:52pm
by Roseille ā™„
Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 4:15pm
by Joy
Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 5:42pm
by Storm Machine

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online