About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 14, 2019 at 3:52pm
Edited: October 14, 2019 at 3:52pm
Re: More on antagonists: A case study
Depending on the way the story goes and whether Octavia really does decide that becoming a pop singer is the right thing to do, a number of different arguments could be made.

If becoming a pop singer ends up harming her and leads her to make bad choices that compromise her beliefs and morals, Erecura would be the (stealth) antagonist, because she's trying to lead Octavia down a path that isn't good for her.

If becoming a pop singer is the driving force of the story and it's Octavia's true goal (and something that doesn't make her discard her faith and convictions along the way), then Danicea would be an antagonist, because she has the ability to enable Octavia's fame but chooses not to. Even though Danicea's motivations are just and in accordance with her beliefs, the only definition necessary for an antagonist is that she is in opposition to the protagonist's goals.

I'm getting the impression that Greg is kind of incidental, either way. An obstacle but not an antagonist. Then again, I could be wrong. *Laugh*

I'm kinda liking the idea of Erecura as Stealth Antagonist, actually! *Rolling*

- -

"Let me live, love and say it well
in good sentences."
- Sylvia Plath

*MushroomB* *Books3**Books5* "Ignition *Books5**Books2* *MushroomB*
MESSAGE THREAD
More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 12:19pm
by Brandiwyn🎶
Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 12:23pm
by Waltz en France
Re: Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 1:24pm
by Brandiwyn🎶
Re: Re: Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 3:35pm
by Angelica Weatherby-Fallishere
*Exclaim*Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 3:52pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 4:15pm
by Joy
Re: More on antagonists: A case study · 10-14-19 5:42pm
by Storm Machine

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online