About This Author
My name is Joy, and I love to write. Why poetry, here? Because poetry uplifts its writer, and if she is lucky enough, her readers, too. Around us, so many objects abound to write about. Once a poet starts with a smallest, most trivial object, he shall discover that his pen will spill out what is most delicate or most majestic hidden inside him. Since the classics sometimes dealt with lofty subjects with a lofty language, a person with poetry in his soul may incline to emulate that. That is understandable. Poetry does that to a person: it enlarges the soul and gives it wings. Yet, to really soar, a poet needs to take off from the ground. ~~Image #1514072 Sharing Restricted~~
Drama Forum
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 9, 2020 at 4:55am
My favorite dramatic character
by ~Minja~
I came across this forum as I was searching for the items to highlight in my latest drama newsletter *Bigsmile*. In the newsletter, I talked about the exceptionally beautiful book that I read in January called "Call Me By Your Name" by Andre Aciman. It's what you call 'coming-of-age' story and features one of my favorite dramatic character I ever came across to- Elio Perlman. I usually don't read about teen love because teenagers are so stupidly dramatic (I know this because I was one of them long time ago *Laugh*, but Elio stole my heart and that happened mostly because of Aciman's writing style and also wonderful movie adaptation and their choice of actors.

I know you like reading books, Joy . I'd gladly recommend "Call Me By Your Name" by Andre Aciman to any grown-up person. And, to have an ultimate experience, to watch the movie Call Me By Your Name   as well. The ending of the movie was one of the best dramatic endings in the past two-three years and surely an inspirational one *Bigsmile*.

Environmental awarness

*Flowery* Book lovers check out "Invalid Item *Flowery*

Helpful links for newbies
*Quill* "Writing.Com 101 *Quill*
*Quill* "WDC Video Help Desk *Quill*
*Quill* "Writing.Com Helpful Hints *Quill*
*Quill* "Get Started With Your Account *Quill*
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
My favorite dramatic character
· 03-09-20 4:55am
by ~Minja~

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Joy.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online