Re: May 1st Challenge! (#3419324)"> Re: May 1st Challenge! (#3419324)">
About This Author
*Bullet* Kiya is a young woman with many interests. She's got a degree in Computer Science and Registered Nursing.
*Bullet* She's an avid reader and considers Stephen King one of her favorite authors. *Bullet* She's also been known to pen one or two stories here and there, and as a proud moderator of Writing.Com, she invites you to check out her portfolio (and even better, to sign up today!).

Published Works:

The Angel Lounge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 1, 2021 at 3:13pm
*Tv*Re: May 1st Challenge!
First Day

There’s something about the first day on the job that just seems to invite disaster. We’re overeager, self-conscious, and feeling lost in unfamiliar surroundings. Is it any wonder that we manage to find new and novel ways to embarrass ourselves?

Growing up doing chores on the ranch taught me about hard work, and as a high school Senior, I felt ready to get paid for doing a ‘real job’. My academic record was in good shape, so I arranged to spend mornings in class and afternoons at the Mission Mart grocery store. My new position as bagboy, stocker, and third checker paid the princely sum of $2 an hour.

The store was mostly empty when I arrived for my first shift, so the boss handed me a broom and sent me outside to sweep the sidewalk. I went at it ferociously, determined to make a good first impression. But, as I swept briskly along the edge, the head of the broom caught against the curb and the wooden handle snapped in half. My face burned red as I contemplated just giving up and going home. I’ll never forget the amused and exasperated look on the boss’s face when I sheepishly brought the pieces back into the store. To his credit, all he said was ‘I guess you better grab another broom’.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Tv*May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 2:02pm
by iKïyå§ama
*Exclaim*Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 3:13pm
by Words Whirling 'Round
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:41am
by iKïyå§ama
Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 3:37pm
by fyn
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:42am
by iKïyå§ama
Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 4:54pm
by 🌸 pwheeler love, joy, peace
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:43am
by iKïyå§ama
Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 7:40pm
by Kåre Enga in Montana
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:44am
by iKïyå§ama
Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-01-21 10:48pm
by GaelicQueen
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 12:00am
by KingsSideCastle
Re: Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:47am
by iKïyå§ama
Re: Re: May 1st Challenge! · 05-02-21 3:45am
by iKïyå§ama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama.
..:::..Kiya's Sanctuary..:::..
..:::..Kiya's Graphics Designs Portfolio..:::..

... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online