About This Author
Brandiwyn🎶 , also known as Michelle Tuesday, is a musician, educator and writer hailing from Columbus, Ohio.
October Novel Prep Challenge
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 26, 2021 at 6:07pm

Last month there was a tragic Amtrak accident in Northern Montana. The investigation is ongoing. I read something about it today. As I read the report, there is mention of a group involved in the investigation. Now this is not meant to be humorous, since three people died in the incident. I am just curious.

I had to read twice as the spelling the first time caught my eye.

Parties to this investigation include the Federal Railroad Administration, Amtrak, BNSF, the Brotherhood of Maintenance-of-Way Employes Division, the International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers – Transportation Division, and the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen. [2]

​(a) All times in this document are local time unless otherwise noted. (b) Amtrak is a passenger railroad service that provides medium- a​​nd long-distance intercity passenger rail service in the contiguous United States and to nine cities in Canada. Train 7 operates from Chicago, Illinois, to Seattle, Washington, with a portion of the train removed at Spokane, Washington, and then continuing to Portland, Oregon, as train 27.
​​The Brotherhood of Maintenance-of-Way Employes Division spells the word “Employes” in its name with one e. Therefore, we are using that spelling in this report.

Hmm. You wonder who once upon a time decided to name the division 'Employes' not 'Employees'.

Weird stuff.

new signature 2021

2021 OctoPrep Cheerleader

winner badge

Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Spelling
· 10-26-21 6:07pm
by QueenNormaJean gettinPomsready
Re: Spelling · 10-26-21 9:06pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: Spelling · 10-26-21 9:10pm
Re: Spelling · 10-27-21 6:59pm
by WriterAngel
Re: Re: Spelling · 10-27-21 7:31pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brandiwyn🎶.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online