JOSE GERVIC LABE, JR.
Personify Writing Contest-CLOSED
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 9, 2023 at 1:56pm
Re: September 2023 Round is open | Object: CALENDAR
Sorry, I was working on an entry. I had all kinds of approaches to personification, but was limiting myself to not allowing a human voice. That's when it got tricky. I still have all the parts lying on my Google Docx floor, a clutter.

I wouldn't feel disappointed by the low participation. Zero for my contest, dogpack's too, and low turnout for others. But, what I think is the only thing working right now is the: drop off what you got. That second time around poetry activity got slammed. 20 or more entries?

Suggestion: you could offer a contest for something personification already written. Seeing what people are willing to share might give perspective, see what writers are interested in, what they think personification is. It might persuade.

Idealistically, your contest should be among the best here. I miss Taboo Words. I keep telling Rachel it's what people need to learn to show and not tell. Hard to tell what motivates writers, except what they are personally working on, wrote.

A stretch, but a contest to review works using personification to get people in here. Is that a genre, (sub) classification here? Anyway, something I've considered with my group to change things up, recreating my mothballed reviewing forum., yet to unveil.

All the best,

Brian
MESSAGE THREAD
September 2023 Round is open | Object: CALENDAR · 09-01-23 12:25am
by GERVIC🐉
Re: September 2023 Round is open | Object: CALENDAR · 09-29-23 2:35pm
by buddhangela… just forget it
*Exclaim*Re: September 2023 Round is open | Object: CALENDAR · 10-09-23 1:56pm
by ~Brian K Compton~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, GERVIC🐉.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online