JOSE GERVIC LABE, JR.
Personify Writing Contest-CLOSED
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 26, 2023 at 9:51pm
Mission Calendar
 (This message was edited by gervic on 11-26-23 @ 10:03 pm EST)

It has to be the best thing ever, to be chosen. There I was up on the wall, amidst so many to choose from, but you picked me. I wasn’t sure if you were the cute puppy type, or the hot fireman lover. My specialty is the ever-popular country scene. The peace you saw in my pictures or the little encouraging verse, displaced on each page, must have pulled you in.

I wanted you to pick me, not just because I was beautiful, but I would hold 12 months of your life in my core and I wanted to share those things important to you.

I watched as you smiled, peeling off the plastic wrap. You said, “Should I look at each month’s pictures, or let them be a surprise?” I quickly found the answer, as you fervently began filling out your years’ events and plans, trusting I would keep them safe.

It is an honor to be a silent member of this relationship. I will watch you make appointments, reach goals, celebrate, and on occasion sadly cry over a missed dream, or wrong doing by someone you thought you loved.

So much will be written, though I may not speak, know I will not miss a day that was important to you. I will celebrate each time I see you smile, like the day you unwrapped me. One year with you, is so much better than one without you.

So with that I realize my mission is short lived, but it is a mission none the less, one I am so grateful you let me be a part of.

Word count:272

Mission Calendar  (E)
Written for a contest in which inanimate objects are given life. Object: Calendar
#2309073 by NurseWriter

Note: Edited with bitem.

src="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fimgfarm%252Ecom%252Fimages%252Fnocache%252Ftr%252Ffw%252Fsmiley%252Fsocial%252Egif%253Fi%253D29%252F29_3_12/image.gif"></a>
MESSAGE THREAD
*Exclaim*
Mission Calendar
· 11-26-23 9:51pm
by NurseWriter
Re: Mission Calendar · 11-26-23 10:03pm
by GERVIC🐉

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, GERVIC🐉.
... powered by: Writing.Com
Online Writing Portfolio * Creative Writing Online